Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Waiting Game

I hate waiting for things. I am a very anxious person on a normal day, so waiting allows me to conjure up all kinds of hideous scenarios. If Danny is twenty minutes later than I expected, I start imagining fiery car accidents. If I don't get a return phone call right away, I picture the person staring at their caller id thinking "God, Mia called. I hate her!" And right now it seems all the things I'm trying to accomplish involve waiting. I made extremely, ridiculously belated efforts to reach out to some friends that through my own weirdness managed to avoid talking to. Now I'm waiting to see if I get emails from them, or if they have finally given up and written me off completely. We put a bid in on a house, and we're waiting to see if it's been accepted. I need to re-arrange my class schedule, but have to wait until school starts. In the meantime it feels like I have a thousand pounds sitting on my shoulders.

1 comment:

chooiegoos said...

Good luck on the house!!!! I really want you to get a goat.