Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Distinguished Gentlepuppy

We had a barbecue last night, and a dog social hour. We had three dogs in attendance- Daisy, the German Pinscher, a 20-30 lb wiggling ball of enthusiasm. Daisy immediately became so excited to see everything that she filled our living room with urine. Like, more pee than Hiccup can produce in a month. It was a bit overwhelming for us, since we are used to dealing with doggy issues on a very small scale.

Bryce is a 9 week old mini Australian Shepherd who has a delightful round tummy and nibble-able fuzzy ears. Bryce and Daisy immediately began chasing each other around the backyard, wrestling, nipping, and generally making a ruckus. Their internal dialogue probably sounded something like this:


Daisy: OH MY GOD THIS IS SO EXCITING ALL THESE NEW PEOPLE I JUST CAN'T STAND IT.....ahhhh, much better.


Bryce: Play? Play? Play? Play!! Grrr grrr! I'm like a big doggy! PlayplayplayPLAYPLAYPLAYzzzzzzzzzz....." (he crashed after 30 minutes)

Normal dog behavior right? Playing, peeing and sleeping. And then there was my Hiccup:

Hiccup: Who are these heathens? Why are they wasting time mauling each other when there is FOOD. HUMAN FOOD INSIDE WHERE YOU CAN GET FED BY LOOKING CUTE! These vicious creatures keep trying to sniff my genital regions! How outrageous! Seriously, get me away from these hooligans and let me go wheedle food from the civilized people.


I don't know what to do with him, I really don't. He was terrified of the dogs and spent most of the time hiding behind me, behind the furniture, or behind the pool gate that the other dogs couldn't squeeze through. He was so relieved when they left, and he's spent all day today sleeping on the couch.

Further Humiliations

No comments: