Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Colds, American Idol, Walgreens, Cashiers, Catsby

I have a hideous cold, and I'm going to blame the fact that I just actually shed a couple tears while watching American Idol on my sleep deprived and congested state. But seriously!! This girl called her dad to tell him she was on her way to the audition, and he dies in a car accident half an hour later. So TWO DAYS later she auditions and sings that Le-Anne Rhimes song "How do I live without you" and is amazing at it until she starts to cry. If you don't get a little choked up over that, then you just aren't human.

Anyway, back to reality. I'm sick. And I went to the new Walgreens "Minute Clinic", thinking it would be faster than urgent care. And I suppose it was faster. It look two hours instead of eight hours. But Walgreens hours are like dog years, you have to multiply them by five. Have you noticed that Walgreens attracts the strangest and angriest people? Especially when they are people who haven't been taking their meds and just find out that their insurance doesn't cover that medication anymore. And every child is screaming, and covered in snot, and throwing things.

Oh god, back to American Idol- so they just showed an Asian chick singing that "Glamorous" song, but she couldn't pronounce the L's, so she kept singing "gramolous...gramolous..." awesome.

Sorry, moving along. My co-worker and I joke that we have "therapist" printed on our foreheads in invisible ink, because strangers have a tendancy to tell us things that we don't really need to know. For example: I now know that the nurse practioner I saw has been on anti-depressants for years, and worries she will have a nervous breakdown if she ever stops taking them. She got re-married last month and went on a honeymoon to La Paz and she had to take dramamine because she has a problem with sea sickness, but her husband didn't because he grew up by the water. My mother has this effect on cashiers- she knows their children's names and their birthdays, their various illnesses, hobbies, past employment. Cashiers greet her with cries of joy and open arms. She is the patron saint of cashiers, they probably have little effigies of her hanging around their necks.

In other news, Catsby has taken to carrying a foam pirate sword around in her mouth. And last night I got up for the millionth time to blow my nose, and she had placed the sword by the bedroom door, like a threat. Next thing you know we'll find beheaded mouse head at foot of our bed. Or a nuclear weapon in our bathtub.

1 comment:

chooiegoos said...

this is why we refuse to shop at walgreens, we've been on the other side and is is even more horrible!

hope you feel better soon!

i hope you get better before your cat kills you all in your sleep.

toodles.