Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back from the Dead

I think I'm finally on the road to recovery. It seems like everytime I get sick, it's not just a cold, it's an epic battle in my immune system. This time, it started with the worst sore throat I've ever had, including the time I had mono and they made me gargle with lidocaine. Then my nose clogged up, beyond the reach of every over the counter antihistamine and decongestant. I know this because I tried them all, sometimes simultaneously. When I developed a persistant, throbbing pain in my sinuses I went to Walgreens for antibiotics. This assault made the virus angry, so it invaded my left eye. Now, this is the funny part. Remember how I went to Pennsylvania a week ago? Well, on the flight back, I took off my glasses when I was falling asleep on the plane. When I woke up, they were gone. But I was tired, so I thought I had put them in my backpack before I fell asleep, because I remember looking at them in my hand and thinking "I'm going to lose those, I should put them in my backpack", but apparently the part where I actually put them in my backpack was a dream. By the time I realize this, I'm on the next plane to Tucson. Now, back to the pink eye. When you get pink eye, you can't where contact lenses for five days. And I lost my glasses. To recap: no contacts. no glasses. I can see things in crystal clarity up to a distance of, oh... 8 inches. After that, it's all pretty much a big blur. And the best part? My prescription expired a week ago so I couldn't even get new glasses. It's now been five days of virtual blindness, and it's gone better than I thought it would. My back is sore from my crouching over to see everything, and some store employees around town think I'm a little stupid, but at least I can still read and Danny could drive me places. But I will be sooo happy to put contacts in tomorrow.

But the cold war isn't quite over. Danny got sick in the end of January, and has been coughing every since. Tonight? He has a fever. I'm doooooomed.

1 comment:

chooiegoos said...

sorry to hear you guys are/were sick. it seems like everyone is getting sick right now.

hope you two feel better!

remember you guys can invest in a neti pot and join the revolution.

i refuse to use a neti.