Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Prepare for Mush


With all of my kvetching about being an old married woman, I am continually reminded of all of the reasons my husband is an amazing person, and the perfect person for me. Thus


Reasons Why I Love My Husband *gag*


1. He has the same juvenile sense of humor I do, and if I say something outrageously politically incorrect he will laugh.


2. As soon as I begin to fume about something that he has/has not done he will somehow sense it, and I will come home to a home cooked dinner and a clean house.


3. Whenever I get up in the middle of the night he asks if I'm okay


4. He will get up early to take my parents to the airport so that I don't have to.


5. He gets me flowers "just because" and always tries to get me my favorite kind.


6. Periodically he will say something that proves that he is actually listening when I talk about work.


7. When I first met him I was in the process of an extremely messy break-up with a very nasty person. Danny put up with my indecisiveness, generally freaking out-ness, and abuse from the nasty ex.


8. He told me that a relationship should be fun, and shouldn't be work. While all relationships are work, he proved to me that it should be mutual, and should be outweighed by fun.


9. He does everything he can to make my life less stressful, which is challenging because I get stressed out by almost everything.


10. He encourages me to be independent and to have my own interests and friends.


11. He can fix or build anything. Literally. Nuclear reactor? No problem. Currently he's planning on an invisible edge pool and an elevated deck for our house.


12. He has gone from refusing to eat anything unusual to willingly going to an Afghani restaurant with me. If I could only get him to eat seafood....


He is the steady rock that keeps me from flying off into space, the one who puts things in perspective and keeps me as sane as I can conceivably be. Being married isn't that bad. Being married to him is the best thing I could have done.

1 comment:

Mia McZ said...

I'm posting this comment from my friend on facebook, because it is so perfect:
"He is also obviously a brain surgeon because it sounds as though he has given you a partial lobotomy ;)- "