Thursday, December 17, 2009

This Is A Blog About Nothing

It's a little pathetic, really. I have had no motivation to do anything for the past....oh, three weeks. I turned in my final papers of the semester and officially switched off my brain. It didn't occur to me until yesterday that Christmas is NEXT WEEK. We don't have a Christmas tree. No lights on the house. We didn't have any presents for anyone until a frantic trip to Walmart yesterday evening. I haven't been blogging, haven't been doing anything productive at work, have stopped running....hell people should be grateful I'm managing to shower every day. What have I been doing? Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I compulsively check facebook. I've been reading murder mysteries late into the night when I should be asleep. And for the last week I have been watching TV beamed into our house by our shiny new satellite dish. Prior to this magical "dish" we had a giant 1950s antenna shoved in our chimney, which picked up about 4 channels one of which would go out whenever a bird landed on the antenna. We solved this problem by yelling "GET OFF THE ROOF!!" whenever we lost a channel. Now, though, we have satellite. I am again one with popular culture. I can watch all of the hideous reality shows I can stomach (and that's a lot, believe me), and I have DVR which means that if Tough Love is on at the same time as Charm School, I can record one of them to watch later.


Once I get out of this funk I plan on trying to launch the Tucson chapter of the Idiotarod. I read about this many moons ago and immediately felt it was my destiny to participate in such a glorious event. It may have something to do with my affinity for shopping carts, a love affair that included a shopping cart I stole from the U of A campus, painted purple, and then was wheeled around campus in for an evening. You think I exaggerate??


Me and shopping carts, man. We go way back. And 2010 WILL be the year of the Tucson Idiotarod.

3 comments:

Mai Harris said...

Winter is the culprit.
I have been super excited about Christmas only because this is my baby's first one, but other than that I have been lazy as heck. Our new technical gadget has been the internet though. So, like you I have been compulsively checking Facebook, but I have been watching reality TV online. (no TV)

Lauren said...

I so sympathize with you, dear. I don't even want Christmas to happen this year. I'm not in the spirit at all and I'm just fine with that.

I'm kinda sorry you got satellite because I LOVE the mental image of you and Danny yelling, "Get off the roof!" while watching TV.

jiaying said...

ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
cheap uggs
wholesale ugg boots
wholesale uggs
ugg boot
ugg shoes
uggs wholesale
uggs on sale
discount uggs boots
cheap uggs online
cheapest ugg
uggs for cheap
Bailey Button UGG
Fluff Ugg Boots
Kids ugg
Nightfall Ugg Boots
Sundance Ugg Boots 2
UGG Classic
Classic Mini sheepskin boot
Classic Short Ugg Boots
Classic Tall Ugg Boots
Ugg Classic Cardy
Ugg Short Metallic
Ugg Tall Metallic
UGG Classic Argyle Knit
UGG Classic Crochet Boots
UGG Sandals
Braid Sandals Ugg Boots
Suede Sandals Ugg
UGG Coquette Sandals
Ugg Dakota sandals
UGG Gypsy sandals
UGG Halendi sandals
UGG Morocco sandals
UGG Sandals
Ugg Stripe Cable Knit
UGG Sundance Grab bags
UGG Ultra boots
Ultra Short Ugg
Ultra Tall Ugg