Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Things You Probably Already Know About Me Because I Talk Too Much

Blame Tara, she tagged me and I buckle under peer pressure

1. When my mom was pregnant with me her doctor didn't know I was breech, he told her I had really fat knees. It was actually my head.

2. I know how to crochet anything, as long as it is a square or a rectangle

3. I'm a super sensitive person, but I'm also probably the least politically correct person in social work.

4. I have always wanted to be in a musical, but I can't sing and I can't dance

5. I went rock climbing in the Tetons

6. When I was little and playing make believe my name was always Princess Rainbow Brite Tigerlily

7. I wanted to be First Woman President until middle school, and a professional poet until I graduated from college.

8. I started dating my husband when I was 19.

9. I've only had 3 1/2 real boyfriends

10. My face transforms when in front of a camera and I turn into a remarkably ugly stranger. Even my husband says so.

11. I freak out at the idea of doing any kind of math, including addition and subtraction.

12. I have to think carefully before I can tell my left from my right. Sometimes I still get it wrong.

13. I had a double major in creative writing and linguistics in college and wrote poetry about obscure linguistic concepts that no one understood.

14. I have met numerous famous writers, and I hit Robert Creely (former US poet laureate) in the head with a microphone.

15. I hosted an Open Mic night at Club Congress.

16. I am the great-great-great-great niece of the first prime minister of canada.

17. My first pet was a toad named Toadster.

18. I read obsessively, and will read the same thing over and over again if there's nothing else in front of me.

19. I wrote a short story called "Boris Yeltsin and the Chickens of Wisdom" in 4th grade.

20. I knew who Boris Yeltsin was in 4th grade because my parents didn't listen to anything but NPR on the radio.

21. I got into social work because I was a terribly administrative assistant.

22. My dog is sitting next to me and he just farted.

23. My husband proposed to me in front of a statue of Hippocrates.

24. I am either very outgoing or very shy and quiet, there's no in between.

25. I can't seem to keep track of where my body is in space so I'm constantly crashing into doorframes, walls, and other inanimate objects.

2 comments:

Erin W said...

I'm glad you're back!
The Tetons are a real place?
I have the left and right problem too somedays.
You're related to Sir John A MacDonald!?!? Jealous!
I also have the same really outgoing or really shy and quiet issue.

Heather said...

We should form a club of really shy, but really outgoing girls!